Cheap Flights from George to Johannesburg
Book flights to Joburg from George
Find the cheapest flights from 1000s of airlines and travel agents
Joburg is a vibrant and welcoming city that is definitely worth a visit. Finding and booking cheap flights from George to Johannesburg has never been easier. Pick from one of South Africa’s reliable, low-cost airlines, and get ready for a trip you won’t forget.
Choose from carriers like Kulula Airlines, Airlink, FlySafair, British Airways, and CemAir. Find all the information you’ll need about the cheapest flights from George to Johannesburg and all the exciting things you can do once your plane touches down.
Why Visit Johannesburg?
While Jozi lacks the ocean, it makes up for it with plenty of things to see and do. No matter where you stay, you’ll be delighted by everything this city has on show. Whether you decide to take a red bus tour, hire a car, or discover hidden gems on foot, you won’t be disappointed.
Not planning to stay in Jozi, or merely using the flight as the first step on an international adventure? Fortunately, OR Tambo International Airport boasts some exciting shops and delectable restaurants to keep you occupied between flights.
Here are just a few reasons to plan a visit to Jozi.
World Class Shopping
Shop until you drop with some of Africa’s finest malls, including Sandton City, Mall of Africa and Rosebank Mall. Be sure to leave plenty of space in your suitcase for all the treasures you’ll find.
Head out for a night on the town with an incredible selection of Joburg restaurants, clubs, and bars. Try some of the best restaurants in Africa, taste local drinks, or party the night away with the locals.
Cheap Flights to Johannesburg from George
How much are flights from George to Johannesburg?
|Route||Departure Date||Airline Logo||Price|
|CemAir Flights From George To Johannesburg||3 Oct||R479|
Where to Find Flights: George to Johannesburg
If you’re looking for an affordable flight from George to Johannesburg, you’re in the right place. You can book your trip to Jozi right here. And while you’re at it, you can also book your return flight to George from Johannesburg.
Use the booking system at the top of the page, find your ideal time and date, and away you go.
Why You Should Book a Cheap Flight: George to Johannesburg
There’s no reason to break the bank when it comes to a trip from George to Johannesburg.
The Flight From George to Johannesburg
Your flight to Johannesburg will begin in the Garden Route Capital at George airport. The plane trip will take you around 1 hour and 50 minutes. Sit back and relax because soon you’ll land in the bustling OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
OR Tambo is the main domestic and international airport in SA, so you can expect some of South Africa’s best. It’s Africa’s busiest airport and welcomes around 28 million passengers every year.
Depending on your airline carrier, you may be offered a snack or drink on the plane. Lift Airlines even offers hot coffee and wine tasting. You can browse the in-flight magazine while you’re in the air, or simply stare out the window and appreciate the African skies.
When Is the Best Time to Book Cheap Flights From George to Johannesburg?
The best time to plan a trip to Jozi is during either March to May when the weather is temperate and the crowds are at their lowest. If this time doesn’t work for you, then try to plan a trip between September and November. These months are also reasonably quiet and you’ll be able to enjoy some of the hot African sun and see Johannesburg’s trees in all their glory.
December is also a pleasant time to visit Joburg. Summer is at its peak during this time of year and many locals make a trip down to the coast, leading to an easing of traffic. But December is also peak season so you might be competing with some crowds if you’re planning a trip to visit all the sights.
Top Things to See and Do in Johannesburg
Johannesburg offers plenty of activities for all ages. Here are just a few of the best things to do during your stay.
- While you’re in Jozi, make sure to take a trip to the Cradle of Humankind. This world heritage site is fascinating and rich with history that’ll delight both young and old.
- Learn about the history of the City of Gold at the theme park and casino, Gold Reef City.
- Take a trip on the Gautrain, one of the best ways to travel around the city and a traffic-free way to see Pretoria.
- Take a trip through history with a visit to the Apartheid Museum. Here you’ll be able to learn about South Africa’s past through film, audio, text and live accounts.
- Visit Mandela House and see where Nelson Mandela lived.
- Explore local and international food, culture, and beverages at the Neighbourgoods Market.
Interesting Facts About Johannesburg
If you’re still unsure if Joburg is really worth a visit, here are some interesting facts to inspire you!
- Johannesburg is the largest man-made forest in the world. There is no shortage of trees in this African city. The suburbs are lined with beautiful trees of all shapes and sizes. Plus, the purple Jacaranda trees add a stunning splash of colour to the city.
- Johannesburg is South Africa’s largest city and the second-largest on the continent.
- The city is also home to the richest square mile in Africa, Sandton.
- Jozi is home to almost half of the world’s human fossils, which can be found at the Cradle of Humankind.
Book Cheap Flights George to Johannesburg Today
So what are you waiting for? Book your cheap flights using our website today and get ready to explore the City of Gold. Whether you choose to explore the history, try some of Joburg’s top restaurants, or delve into Jozi’s vibrant culture, you’ll have an incredible time.