When you book cheap flights to Cape Town, you will undoubtedly want to spend a bit of time working out your travel budget. It’s no secret that Cape Town isn’t the cheapest city in South Africa to visit, but it doesn’t have to break the bank. Yes, there’s a myriad of high-end, world class five star hotels and spas to choose from, but there’s so much more to Cape Town than that!
If you’re traveling on a budget, you can start by scouting for cheap domestic flights and can also greatly cut back on your travel expenses by opting for burgers and backpacking while exploring and enjoying the Mother City!
If you think of “roughing it” when you think of backpacking, think again. Backpacking has changed over the years and you might just find that you have a wonderful time when you give some of Cape Town’s unique backpackers lodges and burger bars a chance.
Search & Book Cape Town Flights Online
Being able to book cheap domestic flights to Cape Town online certainly makes trip planning a whole lot easier. The culture of backpacking is best enjoyed by those who are fun-loving and know how to relax and live in the moment.
Experience The City’s Best Backpacker Establishments
If you have a small budget and a big sense of adventure, backpacking around Cape Town is for you! There are many clean, comfortable and character-filled backpackers lodges in Cape Town that are totally changing the way people have been considering the concept of budget travel in South Africa over the years.
If you’re interested in having a unique experience in the city without having to fork out your life’s savings, consider checking out the following affordable yet unique backpackers lodges in Cape Town:
- The Backpack In Cape Town (74 New Church Street, City Centre)
This establishment was the very first backpackers in Cape Town and is definitely worth your while. Once you set foot inside this establishment, it will become blatantly clear why this award-winning spot has also become known as one of the hottest social places to stay when visiting the city on a budget.
- African Soul Surfer Backpackers (Surfer’s Circle, Muizenberg)
Closest to the beach in Cape Town with an amazing view and position, it’s hardly surprising this backpakers targets the surfer! If you love the sand and surf, this one’s for you! You can simply feel the wave-riding culture as you enter the African Soul Surfer Backpackers. Lessons are available for first-timers and boards are available for hire for the more experienced. Here you will find dormitories, double rooms, and family chambers for large groups.
- River Lodge Backpackers (Oude Molen Eco Village, Pinelands)
This backpackers is a 3-star establishment ideal for school groups, couples, business groups and more. There are dorms, private accommodation, self-catering units and more to choose from! The backpackers is within an eco village that provides employment opportunities to locals. It’s a great way to enjoy your stay in Cape Town while helping the community too.
- 33 South Backpackers (48 Trill Road, Observatory)
For those looking for a more elite stay, 33 South offers boutique backpacking and a creative Gypsy Bar where visitors love to spend their evenings. In fact, it’s a backpackers that’s setting the tone and standard for modern city backpackers. Close to all of Cape Town’s hot spots, each room at 33 is themed after an area in Cape Town. There are also dormitories and double rooms available to choose from.
Book Cheap Flights To Cape Town & Experience The City’s Best Burger Bars
Some of the burgers in Cape Town are so delicious, you wouldn’t be judged for booking cheap domestic flights to the city just to have a taste of them! While backpacking around Cape Town, don’t forget some of the city’s best burger bars.
Burgers come in all shapes and sizes in Cape Town and whether you’re looking for a good old fashioned traditional burger or a gourmet burger delight, you can find just what you’re taste buds are tempted by at many of the following burger spots:
- Touch of Madness (Observatory) – this burger bar offers a street food inspired menu which includes rustic, mouth-watering burgers.
- IYO Burgers (Bree Street, CBD) – this burger joint is for the consumer-conscious with tags letting eaters know precisely what they’re putting in their bellies. The menu is extensive and IYO Burgers is one of the hottest eateries in the city centre.
- The Dog’s Bollocks (Roodehek Street, Gardens) – this is a hipster hot spot that’s actually located in a garage! It offers a no-frills approach to burgers, but that doesn’t mean that their burgers aren’t absolutely delicious. Only 50 burgers are made each night on a first come, first serve basis. Cash only!
- Engruna Eatery (Main Road, Sea Point) – this eatery presents the laid-back neighbourhood with generously stacked burgers and sweet potato fries. With many burger options available, you will be spoiled for choice!
Book Cheap Flights To Cape Town & Hit The Mother City On A Budget
If you want to experience the eclectic culture of Cape Town on a budget, it’s highly recommended that you kick back and enjoy the backpackers and burger joints that keep the city buzzing by day and night.
If the concept of 5 star hotels and the hefty price tags attached distress you, try the alternative route. Book cheap flights to Cape Town and experience the city and all it has to offer, a different way!