The relatively new Fly Blue Crane, which started operations on September 1, 2015, is a South African hybrid airline that flies regionally and is based at OR Tambo International Airport at Johannesburg, South Africa.
For now, the airline utilizes two Embraer ERJ 145 aircraft, and provides services that fly between Johannesburg, Kimberley, Bloemfontein, and Nelspruit.
Fly Blue Crane Destinations:
Johannesburg: OR Tambo International Airport
Bloemfontein: Bloemfontein Airport
Nelspruit: Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
Kimberley: Kimberley Airport
Fly Blue Crane Current Fleet:
The current fleet consists of two 50-seater single-class Embraer ERJ 145 aircraft.
Fly Blue Crane’s check-in procedure can be conducted online to save time. Use your laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or personal computer to check-in. All you need is your flight booking confirmation number.
Manage Your Booking:
Customers of Fly Blue Crane can update their bookings, change names (a nominal fee is charged), alter times and dates, and re-allocate their choice of seating.
Fly Blue Crane Baggage Policy:
Free baggage allowance for an adult:
- One piece of free checked baggage of up to 20kg.
- One piece of free hand baggage of up to 7kg; Additionally, one slim-line laptop bag or small handbag is permissible.
- Any additional bags may be purchased online at Fly Blue Crane’s discounted rate of 30 percent. This may be achieved anything up to 24 hours prior to departure of flight.
Free baggage allowance for children aged 2-11:
- A single free checked bag of up to 20kg, in addition to car seat and collapsible pushchair (car seat and pushchair are placed within the aircraft’s hold).
- A single piece of hand baggage of up to 7kg, in addition to one single small personal bag.
- Any extra bags may be purchased up to 24 hours prior to departure of the flight online at the discounted rate of 30 percent.
Free baggage allowance for infants aged between 1 day and 24 months:
- A single free checked bag of up to 10kg, in addition to a car seat and collapsible pushchair (car seat and pushchair are placed within the aircraft’s hold).
- A single piece of hand baggage of up to 7kg.
For infants, no additional bags are purchasable.