Thomas Cook Airlines
Book Thomas Cook Flights Online
Find the cheapest flights from 1000s of airlines and travel agents
You can book cheap international and domestic flights with Thomas Cook Airlines via Domestic Flights SA today.
About Thomas Cook Airlines
The Airline was founded in 1999. In 2008 the airline merged with MyTravel Airways in 2008 and underwent a re-branding. The airline offers both passenger and charter flights to a variety of world-wide destinations.
With 35 planes, Thomas Cook departs from over 20 airports across the UK and carries 6.7 million passengers to over 60 destinations annually.
Thomas Cook Airlines Flights
Thomas Cook Flight Classes and On-Board Comfort
Thomas Cook offers two flight classes as follows:
Passengers have a selection of menu options to choose from, while beverages are available for purchase. There is an entertainment and audio program offered with a variety of TV series and music. Economy class passengers also have access to a flight progress map on their screens.
Premium class offers passengers a wider 19.7 inch seat with adjustable head and foot rests. The in-flight entertainment system features the latest movies, radio channels and music. A USB port is available at each seat. This class offers premium dining menus and free beverages.
Get Rewarded for Flying with Thomas Cook Airlines
The airline invites its passengers to earn ePoints for every 1 pound equivalent spent with the airline. ePoints can be earned by buying tickets or while shopping at a variety of associated retailers. Accumulated ePoints can be spent on a variety of rewards from gaming to entertainment and more. There are over 1 500 stores associated with this rewards program.
Thomas Cook Airlines Fleet
As at May 2017 the Thomas Cook Airlines fleet comprises a mix of Airbus and Boeing Aircraft as follows:
- Airbus A321-200: 21
- Airbus A330-200: 7
- Boeing 757-300: 5
- Boeing 767-300ER: 2
Thomas Cook Airlines Baggage Policy
Each passenger is allowed 15kg of check-in baggage and one piece of hand luggage no more than 7kg. The total dimensions of checked in baggage cannot exceed 158cm (length + width + height). Passengers travelling together may combine their baggage allowance as long as the total weight does not exceed 30kg.
Check-in Procedures for Thomas Cook Airlines
The following check-in options are available:
- Airport counter check-in – passengers travelling on local flight must check in at the airport 1.5 hours prior to departure. International departure check-in is 3 hours prior to departure.
- Online check-in – the airline offers quick and easy online check-in. Customers must print their boarding pass. Online check-in is open 48 hours prior to departure and closes 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Self service check-in – passengers can use one of the various self service machines at the airport to check in and print their boarding pass. The booking reference and ID / passport number is required to do this.
- Late night check-in – at some UK airports (such as Gatwick Airport) you can check in your luggage and get your boarding pass the night before your flight. This is called the Sundown service and is free to Premium class passengers.
Thomas Cook Airlines Destinations
Thomas Cook Airlines offers affordable flights from South Africa and various other destinations to a number of international destinations in Europe, Africa, North America, Asia and the Caribbean. The airline is well known for providing charter flights from the UK for selected tour operators including Thomas Cook Tour Operations.
Thomas Cook Airlines in Recent News
- Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium is Being Sold
According to recent news reports, Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium is being sold to two companies, namely; Brussels Airlines and VLM airlines. In the sales terms, Brussels Airlines agreed to take over the company’s 160 pilots and cabin crew members along with the airline’s slot portfolio and two of the Airbus A320s. The other aircraft will remain the property of the Thomas Cook Group.
- Thomas Cook Airlines Shows Support for Manchester After Recent Terrorist Attacks
In showing solidarity for Manchester after the recent terrorist attacks that killed 22 people, Thomas Cook Airlines has printed ‘I ♥ MCR’ on the fuselage of one of its aircraft. The airline has its main base in Manchester city. The airline confirmed that the message will remain on the aircraft for the duration of the upcoming summer holiday season.
Book your next flight with Thomas Cook Airlines right here at Domestic Flights SA. Take advantage of our low airfares, access to specials and promotions and more.