Pilanesberg International AirportBook your flights to and From Pilanesberg International Airport
Pilansberg International Airport is situated in South Africa’s North West province close to the Pilansberg Game Reserve. It’s a popular tourist destination for nature and wildlife with excellent resorts and game lodges located in close proximity to the airport including the well-known Sun City Casino Complex, a great attraction for locals and tourists.
Two flights per week are available with South African Airways to Pilansberg Airport, with a flight time of 35 minutes.
Driving from Johannesburg to Sun City via the R556 takes around 2½ hours covering a distance of 198,3km.
Popular Domestic Airlines Landing at Pilansberg International Airport
Parking at Pilansberg International Airport
Parking facilities are free of charge.
Transportation to and from the airport:
Sun City Shuttle
Mark: 079 429 5869
Terri: 079 398 4459
Telephone: (010) 010 6506
Cell: 083 872 4626
Pilanesberg International Airport Taxi Services:
Services include reliable friendly, competent drivers in luxury or standard sedan vehicles that include taxis, minibuses and limousines. A ‘meet and greet’ service is available including a pre-booking facility for disabled passengers requiring a wheelchair or wheelchair access.
They operate 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Arrange your collection from the airport via ‘Book24’.
Telephone: +27 82 357 0729
Airport Contact Information:
Telephone: +27 (0) 14 552 1261
Automated Flight Information: 086 727 7888
- When flying to Pilanesberg Airport, arrive at least 2½ hours prior to departure.
- Passengers with e-tickets can get their boarding passes faster by making use of the Fast Check kiosks available at ‘O.R. Tambo’ and ‘Cape Town International’ airports.
- Check the weight and size of your luggage ensuring it’s within the stipulated allowances.
- Hand luggage not needed while flying can be placed in the airline’s ‘Skycheck’ wagon before boarding the aircraft and retrieved on disembarkation.
- Be aware of prohibited items in your carry-on baggage and if carrying necessary medication also pack the prescription.
- If checked-in baggage is not distinct or with unusual colours, ensure it has noticeable markings allowing for quicker retrieval from the conveyor belt and to avoid it mistakenly been removed by another passenger. Also have a sticker with your contact information.
- Never pack valuable or fragile items into your checked-in luggage including legal documentation, cash, cheques, mobile phones or laptops.
- Make your request for special meals or needs when booking your ticket and within 48 hours of flight departure. This is also applicable for unaccompanied minors and guide dogs.