Book Thai Airways Flights Online
Find the cheapest flights from 1000s of airlines and travel agents
Thai Airways, which is an international carrier and official flag carrier of Thailand since 1960, offers a number of flights per week between South African international airports and Thailand. The airline is a joint venture between the Scandinavian Airlines System and Thai Airways Company and has its main hub at the Suvarnabhumi Airport. Together, these companies made it possible for Thai Airways to offer a variety of international routes, previously not possible.
When flying with TIA you will be presented with a friendly service and comfortable, well-maintained aircraft.
Save on International Flights with Thai Airways
In terms of travel destinations for South African and other tourists, Thailand is a popular choice. It’s an affordable option for those who want to experience a vibrant culture and a welcomed change of scenery. Crystal clear waters, sandy shores, busy markets…it’s a whole new world in Thailand and Thai hospitality extends to visitors from far and wide.
If you are looking to travel and explore Thailand, book cheap flights with Thai Airways.
Search for cheap flights with our flight search feature quickly and easily online. Thai Airways currently offers flights to destinations within Australia, Bangladesh, China, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and Vietnam.
Thai Airways Cheap Flights
|Route||Departure Date||Return Date||Airline Logo||Airline||Price|
|Thai Airways Flights From Krabi To Bangkok||10 May||24 May||Thai Airways||R1,089|
|Thai Airways Flights From Nakhon Phanom To Bangkok||21 Feb||28 Feb||Thai Airways||R1,089|
|Thai Airways Flights From Chiang Mai To Bangkok||5 Apr||19 Apr||Thai Airways||R1,699|
|Thai Airways Flights From Krabi To Chiang Mai||10 Feb||14 Feb||Thai Airways||R1,899|
|Thai Airways Flights From Phuket To Chiang Mai||4 Apr||10 Apr||Thai Airways||R1,959|
|Thai Airways Flights From Bangkok To Kuala Lumpur||13 Dec||16 Dec||Thai Airways||R2,359|
|Thai Airways Flights From Vietnam Ho Chi Minh Son Nhut To Bangkok||16 Dec||19 Dec||Thai Airways||R2,689|
|Thai Airways Flights From Singapore To Bangkok||30 Dec||1 Jan||Thai Airways||R3,339|
|Thai Airways Flights From Vietnam Hanoi To Bangkok||17 Dec||24 Dec||Thai Airways||R3,489|
|Thai Airways Flights From Bangkok To Phnom Penh||4 Apr||26 Apr||Thai Airways||R3,489|
Award Winning Airline
Thai Airways has won the following awards:
- Best Airline in the World (awarded by Skytrax) – 2006
- World’s Best First Class Lounge – 2009
- Best Economy Class – 2015
Thai Airways rewards frequent flyers
Passengers who have registered for the Royal Orchid Plus frequent flyer program can earn miles with every flight. These miles can also be earned when shopping at affiliated retail stores, car hire establishments and hotels. Points can be redeemed when making purchases online or to receive extra benefits while flying. Miles earned can thus be used for access to airport lounges and excess baggage too.
Thai Airways Subsidiaries
Being a member of the Star Alliance, Thai Airways is able to serve routes to over 84 different destinations. The airline has various subsidiaries which make additional routes possible. Some of these subsidiaries include Thai Smile, Nok Air and Thai Flight Training Company.
Thai Airways Fleet
As of May 2017, Thai Airways had a variety of Airbus and Boeing aircraft in service. While the aircraft are regularly serviced and well maintained, the average aircraft age is around 12 years old. As part of the fleet you will find 16 x Airbus A330-300, 3 x Airbus A350-900, 6 x Airbus A380-800, 2 x Boeing 737-400, 10 x Boeing 747-400, 6 x Boeing 777-200, 6 x Boeing 777-200ER, 6 x Boeing 777-300, 14 x Boeing 777-300ER and 6 x Boeing 787-8.
When Flying with Thai Airways…
Booking cheap flights with Thai Airways is made quick and easy with our flight search feature. There are a few details that you need to know in order to make the process simpler.
- Baggage – all passengers are allowed one piece of free on-board luggage and one piece of free checked-in baggage. Luggage limits are per class as follows:
First Class: 32kg
Business Class: 32kg
Economy Class: 23kg
- Check-in – Thai Airways passengers can check in at a designated counter at the airport at least 90 minutes prior to departure. Check-in counters are typically open 3 hours prior to departure. Online check in is open from 24 hours to 1 hour prior to departure. Passengers can use the online system to choose a seat, determine meal requirements and obtain a digital boarding pass. Whether checking in at a counter or online, you will need your ID and passport with you. There is also the option to use a self-service check in counter at the airport. These are also open for check in 12 hours prior to departure.
- On-board Entertainment – when flying with Thai Airways a free meal is offered on board. Both traditional Thai food and international dishes are available. Passengers have access to Thai Sky Connect, which is the on-board entertainment system. On this system you can watch movies, TV series, documentaries and also listen to music and radio stations. The entertainment system is available in a variety of languages. On board Wi-Fi and device charging access is also made available.
Recent News of Thai Airways
Thai Airways Diversifies from Dollar Debt to Reduce Forex Risks
The strong US dollar has a detrimental effect on Thai Airways’ earnings and in order to counteract this, the airline is looking at financing in Japanese Yen and other international currencies. According to news sources, the airline currently pays for its fuel and leasing costs in US dollars. This can have a detrimental impact on the airline’s income as it only earns 6% of its revenue in dollars. The airline hopes that by diversifying in terms of currency income, it can build a stronger income stream.
Thai Airways Orders 12 x Airbus A350s – Receives Delivery of the Third in April 2017
Thai Airways has just received its third Airbus A350 after ordering a total of 12 last year. The A350-900 that they have just received promises new comforts to travellers with its 32 Business Class Seats which convert to fully flat seats and 289 spacious economy class seats. This particular delivery will be used to service the Bangkok-Frankfurt route.
Book your next low cost flight to or from Thailand on-board Thai Airways with our easy to use flight search feature and save. With low airfares, access to specials and promotions and a great deal more international travel is at your fingertips right now.