The SAA value proposition on this route remains intact and the only variation will be the use of Mango’s aircraft on this route. In addition, the SAA Voyager Program and all other exciting SAA value added benefits will not be compromised or diminished in any way on this route.
South African Airways and Mango Codeshare
Important Information when travelling on the Mango codeshare flights:
- The Voyager program remains effective allowing accrual and redemption on the route.
- Voyager Members will earn Tier Miles on the SAA codeshare flights with Mango Airlines, and these flights will count towards sector Tiering when booked in Y/class.
- SAA passengers will receive a R50.00 meal voucher, represented by the boarding card stub, when travelling on the codeshare flight that adequately provides for a meal and drink onboard the aircraft
- The codeshare flights with Mango do not cater for special meal requirements, i. e. halaal meals, kosher meals, etc.
- Access to the SAA Business class lounge remains in place, allowing access to individual travelers based on their tier status within the Voyager Programme, i. e. Silver, Gold, Platinum and Lifetime Platinum.
- Pre-seating is allowed on the SAA Codeshare flights up until 48 hours prior to departure, thereafter pre-seating will take place at time of check in.
- Hand luggage allowance may not exceed one piece at 7kg.
- Free baggage allowances remain the same at 20 kg per person.
- Flights will close off 40 minutes prior to departure on this route. This would require travelers to ensure that they are cogniscent of the 10 minute change from the current SAA 30 minute rule on flight closures on domestic flights.
- Unaccompanied minors will no longer be accepted for travel on this route. This is a requirement of the operating carrier Mango.
- Customers requiring special assistance such as wheelchair assistance, must book their flight directly with Mango on 0861 113 818.
- Any passenger that has purchased a ticket on SAA for this route prior to 28 September 2010 for travel in Business Class post November 2010 will be allowed a partial or full refund of the ticket purchased, depending whether the passenger chooses to downgrade to Economy Class or not to travel on the codeshare flights.
- Any passenger that has purchased a ticket on SAA for this route prior to 28 September 2010 for travel in Economy class post November 2010 will be allowed a full refund on the ticket purchased, should the passenger choose not to fly on the codeshare flights.
- Revalidation of all tickets for travel post November 2010 on the codeshare flights can be done at the SAA Reservations Counter at both King Shaka and Cape Town International Airports.
- Applicable fare rulings will apply as currently in effect.
- Sporting equipment, inclusive of golf bags but excluding bicycles are included in the checked baggage allowance of 20 kg.
- Pets and bicycles are not included in the checked baggage allowance of 20 kg per paying Passenger. Excess baggage charges will be raised, irrespective of the weight of any other checked baggage. These charges must be paid at the SAA Ticket Sales desk.
- Firearms will not be accepted on this route.
- The conditions of carriage of Mango will be applicable on these flights. These are available on their website www.flymango.com