Accommodation In BallitoBook your Ballito Accommodation online today
Find the Perfect Accommodation in Ballito to Host Your Stay on the KZN North Coast
Ballito is one of KwaZulu Natal North Coast’s most visited holiday towns. Those who visit Ballito cannot help but love the warm sub-tropical climate, stretches of pristine beaches and the type of outdoor beach and bush lifestyle that’s difficult to match elsewhere.
When you book accommodation in Ballito, you will find that the town is located conveniently close to the airport and just 40km from Durban itself. Locals and visitors fondly refer to Ballito as the “Dolphin Coast”, due to so many frequent dolphin sightings in the area, all year round.
Types of Accommodation Ballito has to offer
Ballito will pleasantly surprise you with a variety of superb guest houses, luxury penthouses, beach houses, hostels, B&Bs, backpackers and self-catering accommodation options. Below are a few of the top accommodation options available:
- Self-catering accommodation in Ballito: Villa Jaime (3 star), The Boulders, Dolphin Holiday Resort (4 star), Sun Showers, Little White Beach Cottage, Ocean Gorge Seafront Chalets, Ballito Beach Villa and Chakas Rock Chalets.
- Hotels in Ballito: Coco De Mer Boutique Hotel (4 star), La Montagne (4 star), Salt Rock Hotel (3 star), The Saffron House (4 star), Hampshire Hotel (3 star), Fairways Hotel (4 star) and Al Marrakesh (5 star).
- Backpackers in Ballito: Monkey Bay Backpackers, Sacred Spot International Backpackers, Airport Beach Backpackers, The Cottages Backpackers and Ballito Bay Backpackers.
- Guest Houses & B&Bs in Ballito: Zuider Zee Guest House (3 star), La Laria Lodge (5 star), Ezulwini Guest House (2 star), The Vineyard on Ballito (4 star), Sak ‘n Pak Luxury Guest House (5 star).
Regardless of where you choose to stay in Ballito, you will always be in relatively close proximity to the beach. You can choose to walk or drive – the weather is more often than not good for it and the best beaches to spend time on in Ballito include:
- Willard Beach
- Thompsons Bay
- Salt Rock Beach
- Christmas Bay Beach
- Westbrook Beach
- Clarke Bay
Best Time to Visit Ballito
Ballito is well known for its endless summers. It’s an area that rarely suffers cold weather conditions, although the frequent gentle winds can cool the temperatures in winter.
It’s great to visit the area any time of the year, but if you want the best possible weather, opt for the end of spring and beginning of August when the weather is sublime.
Mid to end of summer can become extremely hot, humid and overcrowded. To avoid large crowds of people and high Ballito accommodation costs, rather visit Ballito outside of school holidays, Matric Rage and the Festive Season.
Book Your Ballito Accommodation & Start Exploring
The coastal town of Ballito is jam packed with things to do and see. Below are our top suggestions of places to go and adventures to find:
- Litchi Orchard – here you can pick your own litchis. On the first and third Saturday of every month, the venue hosts a market from 9am to 1am where locals sell crafts, flowers, clothing, jewellery and more.
- Crocodile Creek – enjoy fun for the whole family at this venue.
- Holla Trails – enjoy a day of mountain biking along some of the best trails in the area.
- Flag Animal Farm – here you will find fun for the whole family. The venue features a selection of animals, educational displays and a play and eating area for families.
Due to the beach environment and fantastic weather in Ballito there are many outdoor activities on offer. Some of these include: boat tours, fishing charters, golf, helicopter flips, micro lighting, scuba diving, snorkelling, surfing, mountain biking, swimming, fishing and more.
Restaurants, Bars, Pubs and Night Clubs in Ballito
While long languid days on the beach are what Ballito holidays are all about, you can expect a vibrant nightlife too. The evenings in Ballito offer a selection of restaurants, bars and nightclubs for you to enjoy, many of which are open during the day too. Consider the following establishments for your entertainment:
- Restaurants in Ballito: Eat Local Grill, Al Pescatore Italian Restaurant, Fiamma Grill, Beira Alta, Mamma G’s, Waterberry Coffee Shop, La Piazza, Giannis Ristorante, Sage Cafe, Siggi’s German Restaurant,
- Night Clubs in Ballito: Grandstands, Crush Night Club, Shakers Night Club & Cocktail Bar.
- Bars and Pubs in Ballito: Hops Restaurant & Bar, Salty’s, Old North at Karibu, The Galley Beach Bar and Canelands Cocktail Bar.
Book Affordable Accommodation in Ballito
If you are planning a stay in Ballito, take the time to browse through your accommodation options by making use of our hotel search feature. Here you can find guest house, B&B, hotel, beach house and self-catering Ballito accommodation with just a few clicks of a button. Book your trip to Ballito with the help of Domestic-Flights SA today – what are you waiting for?