Fly Cemair Flight BookingsBook Cemair flights and Save!
Further increasing competition for cheap domestic flights in South Africa, yet another airliner is taking to the sky with affordable flights. Fly Cemair Flight Bookings are now open. FlyCemair falls under the secure umbrella of CemAir, a privately owned company that successfully launched in 2005 as a licensed domestic and international scheduled and non-scheduled air carrier.
FlyCemair currently touches down in Bloemfontein, George, Margate, Plettenberg Bay and Sishen with flights commencing in early October from Bloemfontein to Port Elizabeth, a much welcomed route for business people. Ticket prices include airport departure and security taxes and passengers feel like royalty when flying with FlyCemair, comfortable and relaxed while reading Sky News the airlines in-flight magazine. Passengers have nothing but praise for the airline that provides exceptional service, on-time arrivals and departures, friendly pilots and staff, an enjoyable snack and refreshment and eliminates driving by touching down in smaller towns.
Fly Cemair Flight Bookings
Having compared hundreds of thousands of flights each year we have compiled some valuable information below to give you an indication of the best priced Cemair flights during the year. So, next time you FlyCemair remember when the cheapest flights are on offer.
Fly Cemair One-way Flight Prices
Fly Cemair Return Flight Prices
FlyCemAir Baggage Allowances
Baggage allowances differ for various routes but no single piece of baggage weighing more than 32kg will be accepted and will be transported separately as cargo.
Passengers are entitled to take 2 pieces each weighing no more than:
O.R. Tambo/Sishen Airport: 12kg together.
O.R. Tambo/Bloemfontein: 31kg together.
O.R. Tambo/Margate/Plettenberg Bay/Cape Town: 21kg together.
The above allowances comprise both gate checked and checked baggage.
Passengers arriving or departing on international flights are entitled to an extra 10kg free checked baggage providing their international/regional flight is within 3 days of their ticketed FlyCemair flight, of which proof is required to qualify for the additional allowance.
Passengers travelling with an infant aged 0 to 2 years are entitled to take an additional 10kg for the infant. Car seats and prams are allowed but are not part of the free checked baggage allowance.
Passengers may take unchecked personal items as cabin baggage weighing no more than 6kg and no larger than 56x36x23cm in diameter.
Classified as personal items:
- A handbag, purse or pocket book
- One foldable garment bag with dimensions of no more than 185cm
- An overcoat, blanket or wrap
- An umbrella or walking stick
- A small camera or binoculars
- Reading material for the flight
- Food for infants during the flight
- A carry cot or infant basket
- A portable PC contained in an applicable bag for the PC only that may not be activated without permission from the flight crew
- A mobile phone that may not be activated during flight
Baggage in excess of the stipulated checked baggage allowance will be subject to additional baggage charges and only taken on a standby basis, space permitting. The cost for excess baggage is ZAR25.00 per kg and passengers can purchase excess baggage online or at the airport when checking in. Perishable items are not accepted for standby baggage. Excess baggage is only loaded once the flight has closed and the Captain has received authorisation, but passengers can to ensure their excess baggage flies with them, book an extra seat with an additional 80kg baggage allowance, this must be arranged through the CemAir reservations office.
Passengers may take appropriately packed sporting equipment with a handling fee of R250.00 per flight and prior notification with the airline a must.
- The Bombardier CRJ takes 50 passengers and 3 crew members and flies at a maximum speed of 860km ph and cruises at 785km ph.
- The Bombardier Dash 8-Q300 takes 50 passengers and 4 crew members and has a maximum speed of 545km ph with an average cruise speed of 480km ph.
- The Bombardier Dash 8-100 takes 37 passengers and 3 crew and flies at a maximum speed of 497 km ph, cruising at around 440km ph.
- The Beechcraft 1900D aircraft take 19 passengers and 2 crew members and flies at a maximum speed of 525km ph with an average cruise of 455km ph.
Passengers must produce a photo ID to check-in and infants or children under 16 without an official government issued ID photo can use their birth certificate or if under five years old, their vaccination certificate. At O.R. Tambo check-in counters are located in Terminal B, counters B143/B144 while at Cape Town, Margate, Plettenberg Bay and Sishen airports, check-in counters are situated in domestic departures.
Passengers can conveniently check-in online at www.flycemair.co.za, select their seat and print their boarding pass 48 hours prior to flight departure. This facility is available at all airports except Sishen Airport. Passengers travelling with no check-in luggage may proceed directly to the boarding gates.
Check-in counters open 90 minutes before scheduled departures and close 45 minutes prior to departure at O.R. Tambo and Cape Town International airports. Plettenberg Bay and Margate close 30 minutes before departure.
To maintain their on-time departures, passengers are requested to proceed directly to the boarding gates once checked in.
Unaccompanied Minors (UM):
Confirmation for unaccompanied minors must be made 3 days prior to flight departure. Minors are classified as children aged between 6 and 12 years, any child under the age of 6 is not permitted to travel without an adult.
- The UM must be in possession of the completed UM form.
- Travel documents for the UM must be in a secure bag and handed to the ground agent when checking-in.
- Only one UM is accepted per flight.
- UMs must be checked-in by an adult guardian who must provide photo identification, contact information and the relationship to the child.
- On arrival FlyCemair agents will check photo identification and contact information before releasing the UM to the guardian who is predetermined in the UMs reservations documents.
For further detailed information on UMs, check the website or contact FlyCemair at +27 11 395 4473.
Flying with your Pet:
Only domestic cats and dogs are accepted on FlyCemair flights as checked luggage. All other types of animals will travel as unaccompanied cargo. The airline adheres to the strictest standards when dealing with your beloved animals ensuring them comfort and safety during flights.
- Flights with animals must be confirmed within 24 hours of departure.
- A certificate for Rabies including the completed Animal Indemnity Form must be presented on the travel date.
- Unaccompanied animals must be collected and delivered from FlyCemairs head office when travelling from or to Johannesburg.
- Animals must travel in carriers with the correct dimensions and specifications but passengers can also hire carriers from the airline.
- The airline permits small animals (less than 32kgs including container) to travel in the cabin, provided other passengers dont object and the animal remains in its carrier for the entire flight.
To avoid disappointment go to the website and check Pet Container Specifications and Requirements or contact the airline on +27 11 395 4473 if uncertain.
FlyCemAir Frequent Flyer Programme:
Regular passengers should join the airlines SKYREWARDS frequent flyer programme, earning miles every time they fly with FlyCemair. Miles earned can be used for a free Reward ticket for the passenger or someone else of their choice. Theres no cost in joining but members must be 18 years or order with a unique email address. Once passengers have reached 10,000 miles theyre eligible for their permanent SKYREWARDS card. Miles are determined by distance flown and the fare cost. For example if you fly from Johannesburg to Bloemfontein on the low Super Promo fare, youll earn 118 miles but if youve flown on a Premium ticket, youll earn 413 miles.
Passengers will soon be able to earn miles with their SKYREWARDS programme when flying with FlyCemairs airline partner, Proflight Zambia on routes from South Africa to Zambia or within Zambia.
Passengers can pay for their tickets online with their credit card (secured by Paygate), at Cemairs ticket office with cash or credit card when booking your Cemair flight here with us. Payment must be made within the following time limits to secure your booking with your booking reference number:
- 24 hours of booking when travelling within a month
- 6 hours of booking when travelling within 4 days
- 6 hours of booking when travelling in less than 4 days
- 1 hour of booking when travelling within 24 hours
FlyCemair Airlines Route Map
Cemair flies to the following airports within South Africa
- Jo’burg – O R Tambo International (Johannesburg, city of gold)
- Port Elizabeth
- George – George Airport (between Knysna and Mossel Bay)
- Cape Town – Cape Town International (The mother city)
- Kathu (Sishen)
- Pletternberg Bay
FlyCemAir Contact Information:
Tel : +27 (0) 861 236 247
Email : email@example.com
Tel : +27 (0) 861 236 247
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +27 (0) 81 736 8473
Email : email@example.com
Tel : +27 (0) 39 312 0769
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Plettenberg Bay Office:
Tel : +27 (0) 81 279 1178
Email : email@example.com.
Make sure you get the best prices on your Fly Cemair Flight Bookings right here at Domestic Flights South Africa. By comparing millions of airlines we guarantee you the best prices on your FlyCemair flights.