Cheap Flights from Johannesburg to George
Depending on demand and the time of the year, expect Johannesburg to George flights to start from around R721.00. If you’re flying direct, you’ll depart from OR Tambo International Airport, and you’ll land at George Airport. This domestic route covers around 1040kms and usually lasts for approximately 1 hour and 55 minutes.
This domestic flight route affords you a selection of many flights every week. You can book your ticket with many of South Africa’s most trusted airlines. This includes Cemair, Airlink, and FlySafair.
Flights to George from Johannesburg
This flight route is perfect for all sorts of travellers. From those who can’t wait to explore The Garden Route to those making a business trip from Joburg, looking to find a return flight for the same day.
With the carriers on offer, you’re guaranteed great service which will put a smile on your face before you even get a glimpse of George’s natural beauty.
Popular flights from Johannesburg to George
|Flysafair flights from Johannesburg to George||from R721.00|
|Kulula flights from Johannesburg to George||from R1368.00|
|British Airways flights from Johannesburg to George||from R721.00|
|Mango flights from Johannesburg to George||from R799.00|
|Airlink flights from Johannesburg to George||from R1680.00|
Which Day Is The Cheapest Flight From Johannesburg To George?
Monday is the cheapest day to catch a flight to George from Joburg with Sunday not lagging too far behind. On the other hand, Tuesday and Saturday are the most expensive days to fly down to George from the City of Gold.
Which Month Is The Cheapest Flight From Johannesburg To George?
The best months for getting cheap flights to George from Johannesburg January, May and June with prices being as low as R701.00. On the flipside, August and December are the most expensive months, with prices being as high as R1481.00 during the busy periods.
Flight FAQs – Flights from Johannesburg to George
How much is plane ticket from Johannesburg to George
A plane ticket from Johannesburg to George can be as little as R699.00. Prices will vary according to demand.
How long is the flight from Johannesburg to George
The flight from Johannesburg to George will take 1 hour and 55 minutes.
Which airlines fly from OR Tambo to George?
Airlines which fly from OR Tambo to George include Mango, Flysafair, Kulula and Airlink.
Does George have an airport?
Yes, George does have an airport. The IATA code it is known by is GRJ
George is a quaint town on South Africa’s southern coast found along the renowned Garden Route. Thanks to its location at the feet of the Outeniqua Mountain range, the city is full of natural wonders and magnificent landscapes.
It’s also the Garden Route’s commercial hub, presenting you with many things you can participate in to make the best of your time in George. Plus, its proximity to Knysna and Mossel Bay means you can explore the nearby towns while visiting there.
Things to Do in George
- The Outeniqua Power Van – This railway ride takes you through the Outeniqua mountain and offers you scenic views of the range’s lush surroundings. It’s perfect for families and large groups as it requires a minimum of 20 passengers.
- Quad biking around the Garden Route – Partake in a thrilling quad biking tour where you will be driving through beautiful valleys and scenery.
- Redberry Farm – Grab your basket and pick some strawberries from this vast land. Ideal for the entire family thanks to activities such as pony rides, a bubble ball, a mini train ride, and more.
- Hiking trails – Dotted with magnificent natural landscapes, George is perfect for stretching your legs on various trails. Hike alongside lush greenery on the Groeneweide Trail, Forest Buzzard Trail, or embark on a lengthy multi-day trail on the Outeniqua Hiking Trail.
- Mountain biking trails – If you’d rather whizz around the tracks, hop atop a mountain bike and explore the rugged routes. Choose between the Pepsi Pools mountain bike trail and the Fancourt mountain bike trail.
- Gourmet cuisines – If you’re looking for delectable food goodies, George has got you covered. Start your day with a breakfast offering from House of Flavour, then move onto Italian dishes at La Cantina. End the day with pizza, seafood, or pasta, and more at La Capannina.
- Outeniqua Beach – This picturesque beach features warm waters and beautiful golden sand. You get to see dolphins and seals at the beach, and between July and December, you get a chance to whale-watch. You may even get lucky and see orcas too!
- Dolphin Paragliding – Explore George’s landscapes high up in the air for something different. While being around 20kms away from George, this is fun you can’t afford to miss once you’re in the region.
- Garden Route Botanical Garden – Get in touch with nature at the wonderful garden that’s blooming with dozens of different flowers. You can explore on a guided tour, hikes and walks around the garden, or a mountain biking trail.
- Play a Round of Golf – If you’re a golfing enthusiast, George is a treasure trove for you. Visit the Oubaai Golf Course or test your stroke at one of three Fancourt courses. They were designed by South African golf legend Gary Player.
Best Time to Visit George
The town has a moderate climate characterised by temperate conditions, making it a great place to visit all year round. Its summers are warm and the winter can get chilly, although it’s bearable. Bring your swimsuits during summer and your jackets during winter.
It is pretty popular with tourists during the summer between November and February, offering plentiful opportunities to explore the outdoors. This period is also the peak flying season where JHB to George flights are at their most expensive. If you aren’t too fond of crowds or are on a budget, avoid the trip to George during this time.
Country : South Africa
Currency : South African Rand (ZAR)
Durban Airport : George Airport (GRJ)
IATA CODE: DUR
Timezone : GMT+2
See what other travellers are saying