Flights from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg
Find the cheapest flights from 1000s of airlines and travel agents
Find Cheap Flights Bloemfontein to Johannesburg
In just one hour, you can easily fly from Bloem to JHB on a direct flight. Pick one of South Africa’s top domestic airlines, including Airlink, CemAir, SA Airlines, and Kulula.
These flights can cost anything from R999.00, although prices depend on the date and time of year that you choose to fly. There are, on average, five flights per day leaving Bloemfontein and if you plan your trip well, you will easily find cheap flights to Johannesburg.
|Airlink flights from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg||from R999.00|
|Cemair flights from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg||from R1099.00|
|Flysafair flights from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg||from R1319.00|
Which Day Is the Cheapest Flight From Bloemfontein to Johannesburg?
If your trip itinerary is flexible, you can wait until the cheapest day to book your flight from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg. This table offers a fantastic look at the typical days that offer cheaper flights.
The cheapest days to fly from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg are Monday and Wednesday with prices ranging from R1096 upwards.
Which Month Is The Best to Book a Flight from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg?
Johannesburg is a bustling city, regardless of the season. But of course, depending on your budget and what you’d like to be doing when you get to the city, there are a few months that take preference. See the best month, that suits your budget, to go to Johannesburg from Bloemfontein below.
The cheapest months to fly from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg are September and November with prices ranging from R1068 upwards.
Flight FAQs – Flights from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg
Are there flights from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg?
Yes there are daily flights from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg with Flysafair, Cemair and Airlink
How much is a ticket from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg?
Tickets for flights from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg start from R999.00 depending on the time of year and demand.
Which airlines fly from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg?
How long is the flight from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg?
The flight from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg will take approximately 1 hour.
Best Time to Visit Johannesburg
Since Johannesburg is such a vibrant city, with plenty to see, do, and enjoy, it’s often filled with locals and visitors alike. But if you’re not too eager to push through crowds and wait in queues, there are certain times of the year that offer a little more peace and quiet. Not to mention better prices for everything.
The shoulder seasons in JHB are March to May and September to November. These months fall in autumn and spring, respectively, and offer dry yet cool weather to explore. The hotter summer months can be blissful, but the concrete jungle may prove to be a little too hot. And while winter is nothing to fear in South Africa, it can be too cold to enjoy being outside.
Things to Do in Johannesburg
What makes Johannesburg such a popular city to visit? Probably the fact that there is so much to do. Whether you’re there for a full holiday, a couple of days on business, or visiting family for a while. There are cultural activities, adventures, family fun, and plenty to eat and drink. And there’s a ‘to-do’ list for every budget, too.
Here are some must-do things in Joburg:
- Gold Reef City Theme Park – Always a favourite on any Johannesburg itinerary, Gold Reef is ideal for visitors of all ages. There are numerous fun and exhilarating rides to enjoy at the theme park itself. But Gold Reef is also home to a large casino, a cinema, theatre, the Apartheid Museum, and plenty of quality restaurants.
- James Hall Museum of Transport – Inside this museum, you’ll find over 400 years of transport history preserved and on display. This is the largest of its kind in South Africa, and the museum offers a look at how land transportation in Africa has evolved throughout the years.
- Carlton Centre – This 50-storey skyscraper is an office building and shopping centre combined. It’s the second-tallest building in Africa! So if heights are your thing, be sure to make a stop here and get a view of Johannesburg from way up high.
- Melville Koppies Reserve – You can hike through this reserve and discover all of the Iron Age artefacts, indigenous fauna, and other incredible natural treasures. Or, book a tour for the whole family and be led by a knowledgeable guide who can point out important landmarks and share snippets of historical facts.
- Bridge Books – This local bookstore is set on spreading awareness about the amazing talent that Africa has in terms of books and authors. Visit to buy a book or join the owners for a walk around the city with a wealth of knowledge shared as you stroll through the streets.
- Orlando Towers – Soweto’s now-famous decommissioned coal-fired power station awaits all those brave enough to jump from the top of these tall and colourful buildings. This is tons of fun, and has brought in amazing tourism funds to the township of Soweto.
- Jozi X – This is for those who need a little childlike fun on their trip. Visit Jozi X to zoom around in a zorb, go ziplining, or try out the go-karting. They also have paintball, nerf wars, an obstacle course, and an inflatable park.
- Johannesburg Botanical Gardens – Just because you’re in the city, doesn’t mean you can’t spend some time in nature too. Take some time to soak in the beauty at the botanical gardens and enjoy the birdlife and mesmerising plants.
- Wits Origins Centre – Here you can learn all the origins of early humans in Africa. The centre contains educational exhibits along with insightful audio tours and displays of ancient rock art. This is great for the whole family.
- Montecasino – This is so much more than a casino. There is a bird park, a bowling alley, a games arcade, and an impressive food court. There are also shops to browse through and a cinema for those eager to catch a movie. And if you’re in the mood to splurge, take a hot air balloon ride here too.
Country: South Africa
Currency: South African Rand (ZAR)
Johannesburg Airport: OR Tambo International
IATA CODE: JNB