Domestic flights are flights that take place within South Africa. The main domestic airports in South Africa can be found in Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town, East London, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein and George. These airports play hots to a number of international and domestic airlines with the most popular domestic flights airlines being Mango, Kulula, SAA and British Airways, with 2 new carriers on the way namely: Skywise and Fastjet. It is often not easy but we will show you how to get affordable domestic flights with a few clicks of your mouse.
How To Book A Domestic Flight
- Click on the Compare and Book Flights link above where you will be taken to the booking page
- Enter your departure city for your outbound flight on the left-hand side of this page under the FROM section
- Enter your required destination under the TO section
- Choose your return date and time.
- Select the number and age of passengers
- In the final grey block select an airline (or leave this field blank for a general search).
- Select your preferred class – economy, premium economy, business class or first class.
- Lastly, you are presented with four checkboxes (flexible dates, direct flights, refundable flights only and low cost flights).
- Ensure you check those applicable to you.
- If you’re in need of the cheapest flight option possible, make sure you check ‘include low cost’ to obtain the cheapest fares.
- There is also an option for a multiple destination search if need be.
Once you have made all the necessary selections using our booking system on the left-hand side of this page, you will then be shown the results from lowest flight fares to the most expensive.
YOU ARE HALFWAY TO SAVING TIME AND MONEY
You will see a detailed selection of flight fares and airlines which you can choose from. Select the flight that appeals to you the most whether it be preferred airline or the best price. A drop down menu will appear with detailed information about the outbound and inbound flights. You will then see the dates, times, class as well as airline and flight number. Read through this detailed flight itinerary before you continue booking your flight.
Ensure that you read the ‘Information’ and ‘Conditions’ tabs before you click ‘Select Flights’ and continue your booking. The ‘Information’ tab provides you with detailed information about the flight whilst the ‘Conditions’ tab provides you with special conditions or requirements. Once you have selected your flight you will have the opportunity to review all your booking details.
This is crucial as you must ensure that your outbound and inbound flights and all those details are correct. Click ‘Book’ to continue. Now specify details about each of the travellers and your address and payment details. You’ll see your full travel itinerary appear on the left-hand side of the page while you fill out the booking information on the right-hand side. Continue to confirm and make the final booking using your credit card.
That’s it! You have successfully made your very own online booking. What could be more simple!