Book Airlink flights between Cape Town & Johannesburg
Depending on demand, you can expect one-way Airlink flights from Cape Town to Johannesburg to cost as little as R962. Return trips can cost as little as R1924. Covering approximately 1280 kilometres, you can expect direct flight duration to be around 2 hours and 15 minutes.
As this is a popular route, the airline Airlink offers over 30 weekly rides. However, most of these flights feature layovers in some of the country’s most popular cities. Departing from the Cape Town International Airport, you can only land at the OR Tambo International Airport.
Tip: If you are eventually returning to the Mother City, then check out this guide on Airlink flights from Johannesburg to Cape Town for more cheap flights.
Cheapest Flights from Cape Town to Johannesburg from Airlink – One-Way
Having helped dozens of passengers travel this route with Airlink, we can also help you book cheap flights from Cape Town to Johannesburg.
|Route||Departure Date||Return Date||Airline Logo||Airline||Price|
|Cape Town – Johannesburg||6 Jul||2 Jul||Airlink||R599|
- Airlink flights from Durban to Johannesburg
- Airlink flights from Durban to Cape Town
Which Day is the Cheapest to Book an Airlink Flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg?
The cheapest days to fly from Cape Town and Johannesburg are Sunday and Saturday with prices ranging from R616 upwards. These would be your best options for finding the cheapest flights
Note: Keep in mind that these figures, for both cheap and expensive days, are dependent on demand and how far in advance you book.
Which Month is the Cheapest to Book Airlink Flights from Cape Town to Johannesburg?
June is the best month to book a Cape Town to Johannesburg flight with Airlink. If you can’t fly in June, opt for July, which usually has the second cheapest Airlink flights.
On the other hand, April is the most expensive month to fly between Cape Town and Johannesburg. The second most expensive month for this route is March.
Things to Do in Johannesburg
As a popular destination, the City of Gold has a wide array of fun attractions and activities waiting for all visitors.
- Gold Reef City – Located on a former gold mine, Gold Reef City is one of the best theme parks in the country.
- Pilanesberg Nature Reserve – While not known for wildlife, Johannesburg does have its fair share of animals, including the Big Five, found in this nature reserve. Just note that it’s around 2 hours away from the city.
- Maboneng Precinct – This chic area has amazing restaurants, boutiques, art galleries, and shopping options at every corner.
- Cradle of Humankind – This world heritage site is widely believed to be the starting point of humankind.
- Johannesburg Art Gallery – As the largest art gallery in Africa, art enthusiasts will appreciate the many exhibits here, with some dating back centuries.
- Apartheid Museum – This museum tells the story of apartheid South Africa to all interested in learning about the past.
- Markets – On Saturdays, visit the Neighbourgoods Market for delicious food and city views. On Sundays, visit the Rosebank Sunday Market for great food and car boot sales.
- Bounce Waterfall – If you’re travelling as a family, a stop at this trampoline park is essential.
Best Time to Visit Johannesburg
The City of Gold is characterised by a temperate climate and a lack of a season-specific attraction (like Cape Town beaches for the summer). As a result, there’s no “bad” time to hop on a flight to Johannesburg from Cape Town, as attractions are open all year.
However, there’s an opportune time to visit Joburg. Between March and May, you have mild temperatures without summer rainfall, and costs are generally lower during this period. This is also just after peak season, meaning you won’t have to navigate crowds wherever you go.
The Johannesburg peak season is between December and January. The sun is out bright, and activities are plentiful with many tourists and locals also around.
Airlink flights to Johannesburg FAQs
What is the cheapest departure day from Cape Town to Johannesburg?
Tuesdays and Sundays are the cheapest days to hop on a flight from Cape Town to JHB.
What time is best to get cheap flights from Cape Town to JHB?
For the cheapest option, grab flight tickets from Cape Town to Johannesburg that take place during the evening.
How Long Is the Flight from Durban to Johannesburg?
It takes approximately 75 minutes (1 hour and 15 minutes) to fly from Durban to Johannesburg.