O.R. Tambo is the airport you land at when flying to Johannesburg. It is a bustling hub with many many local and international flights landing daily bringing many tourists to South Africa as well as playing gateway to other international flights. Many of us will only be using O.R. Tambo as a local gateway for either business or pleasure. Whatever your purpose, we at Domestic Flights South Africa are here to assist you in getting you cheap flights to Johannesburg from the comfort of your own home, without wasting your time trying to find better deals elsewhere.
One of the largest reasons for travellers visiting Johannesburg is that it is the main gateway to the world-renowned Kruger National Park which houses the Big Five. This park has seen millions of guests over the years and continues to draw visitors from around the world. It is an exceptional experience for anyone who is interested in seeing Africa at its best. Don’t forget the Kingdom of the lost city – a beautiful place to spend a few days
The game reserves and bustling city are so close in proximity that it is difficult ignore the beauty and distinction of both. It is due to this fantastic positioning Johannesburg that a short and particularly cheap flight from the city will take you to Cape Town, Durban or even Mauritius. So if the concrete jungle is not what you’re after, then fear not, as there are many other opportunities for sightseeing with flights to Cape Town, Durban and other cities around South Africa. Remember that we are on of South Africa’s leading flight booking agencies which allows us to give you cheap flights to Johannesburg on a regular basis.
With over 95,000+ Users and counting, Domestic Flights South Africa is the most complete and trusted comparison site on the market.
Don’t deny yourself the opportunity to save money on your flight to Johannesburg – we guarantee that you will not find better deals elsewhere on your cheap flights. Try and spend a little time sightseeing in Johannesburg too before you depart as it really is a city with much to offer. We have numerous other domestic flights on offer too.
If you fancy a little sightseeing while your’e in Johannesburg or simply a night out on the town here are some of our top places to see.
Top Things To Do In Johannesburg
- Gautrain - this marvel of ingenuity is Africa’s first world-class, modern rapid rail and bus service for Gauteng. If you have flown into Johannesburg on a flight then you will most likely make use of this.
- Apartheid Museum – this is an absolute must see showing the rise and fall of apartheid. The museum makes use of film, text, audio and live accounts to provide insight into the architecture and implementation of the apartheid system. The eeriest of the entire museum is a small chamber in which hang 131 nooses, representing the 131 government opponents who were executed under antiterrorism laws.
- Gold Reef City – this is an all round venue for the whole family. It features scary rides, a Victorian fun fair and various reconstructions, including a bank, pub, brewery and newspaper office. Visitors can watch the wonders of a gold pour, and see an entertaining program of ‘gumboot’ dancing. There are loads of places to eat and drink, plus the Gold Reef City Arts & Crafts Centre and an expensive craft and souvenir shop.
- The Loft – this is a warm, vibey venue with the feel of a New York bistro. It is place is full of bright modern prints and colourful chandeliers. There is a small mezzanine floor at the back with a couple of tables and chill-out sofas, and a hip crowd packs in to enjoy mostly exotic meaty treats such as springbok wrapped in bacon, and ostrich carpaccio.
- Montecasino – a visit to the casino is a great way to spend a night or day out. Montecasino is Jo’burg’s answer to Las Vegas. It is a shopping and entertainment centre based around a large casino. It includes a recreated Tuscan village complete with an artificial early-evening sky, fake trees, cobbled pavements, hilltop towers and even a vintage Fiat. There are often also shows to see here so be sure to check what’s on before you visit.