Kulula Flights Seating
Your seat is usually assigned to you when you check-in at the airport counter. It’s possible to select a seat online 24 hours prior to departure, but by then seats are limited and you may not get the seat you want. Kulula Airlines want you to love flying as much as they do, so you can choose the seat you want before flying for R35 p/p or book an extra seat for your personal comfort.
Kulula Flights Baggage
Any baggage taken onboard with you must not exceed 115cm (56cm + 36cm + 23cm), and weigh no more than 7kg.
The dimensions of the bag should be 90cm x 75cm x 43cm (35.5 x 29.5 x 16 inches), including the handle, pockets and wheels. It cannot weigh more than 20kg.
Sometimes 20kg is not enough. Sometimes you don’t know what you’ll be packing when you’re booking your flight. Other times you might want to pack light when you depart for a shopping spree and buy extra bags on your return.
You can purchase additional baggage in two ways:
- Online – This can be done when you make your flight booking or on the ‘manage my booking’ tab on the home page at least 2 hours prior to flight departure. The extra bag fee is R245 each and payable by credit card only
- Contact Centre – 0861 KULULA (585852) at least 2 hours prior to flight departure (Monday to Sunday from 7am to 7pm) at R245 per bag
- At the airport – R350 per bag
Kulula Flights Pets
For kulula and British Airways (operated by Comair) flights, only cats and dogs can be transported on board passenger flights. For all other animals such as snakes, birds, rodents, etc. please call the cargo agent Express Air Services 011 230 4600.
Transportation of pets is not included in the free checked baggage allowance of 23kg. A handling fee is charged for each pet container:
- R350 for a total weight of 23kg and less
- A heavy bag levy of R250 is charged for containers over 23kg but less than 32kg
- Pet containers over the maximum 32kg must be carried as cargo through our cargo agent. Call Express Air Services for a quote 011 390 2841
- Guide dogs travelling with people with disabilities are carried free of charge but we may need to charge if an adjacent seat has to be withdrawn from use to accommodate a disabled customer and accompanying assistance dog
To make a reservation for pet transport call the British Airways Contact Centre at least 72 hours prior to departure on 0860 I FLY BA (0860 4 359 22).
Kulula Flights Meals
Like Mango Airlines, Kulula Airlines do not offer FREE meals or drinks during the flight. You will need to purchase any food or drinks that you want during your domestic flight. Some of the food available includes; meaty roll, cheesy roll, ham and cheese croissant, pringles, sweets and biltong to name a few. A full assortment of beverages are available from Coke, Fanta, Tea and Coffee to alcohol.